Memories Lost

** Update 01/13/15**
This camera has been found at the resort we stayed!! Thanks to everyone who shared our story to help us get our camera back!

If you know me, then you know how much I love to take pictures and share pictures with everyone. I use these as priceless keepsakes for my family.

On a recent trip to Disney World, my camera was mistakenly left at a resort bus stop. I am devastated, and I am trying anything and everything to get those pictures back. Please help share this information. You never know who will see and how they can help. Even if the person who picked up the camera doesn’t want to return it, I am begging for the memory card inside. Those pictures are priceless.

This was our family’s first trip to Disney, and I am so upset we did not come home with the hundreds of pictures from our trip. Since I left my camera on the last day, I have our entire week on the memory card.

The camera was left at the Aruba bus stop at the Caribbean Beach Resort on Saturday morning, January 10, 2015. It is a black Nikon with a neck strap. The neck strap is all black and says “NIKON” in yellow. There is no address or phone number tag on the camera…and it was not in a bag. Here is a picture of the camera itself.

Camera

The last pictures on the device include:
1. a couple of pictures from Downtown Disney
2. Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at The Grand Floridian

My children will be the majority of the photos, and this is the last outfit they were wearing:

Capture2

I have put in claims at The Caribbean Beach Resort as well as Disney’s Lost & Found. I have been calling everyday to see if it has been turned in, but no luck so far.

Please share in hopes that someone can offer some help. I have over 700 priceless memories on there, and I am so upset our magical vacation had to end this way. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Memories Lost

1. Heather says:

I found a link to your blog on Disney Junkies website and feel your pain. Please do not give up hope. I went through the same thing in September of 2012. In the middle of my younger daughter’s first vacation to Disney World I accidentally left my camera at the dinner table at the Via Naopli in Epcot. To make a long story short, we,spent the remainder of our vacation searching for it and even filled out a police report. Since we knew 100% where we left it, we were certain an employee took it. No one at the restaurant claimed they saw it. I literally sobbed my entire flight home. One week to the day of losing it, after we returned home to New York it was found. I called lost and found relentlessly and to hear it was located was pure joy. My name was not in the camera bag either but it was found. We paid to have it shipped back. It took some more time to get our memory cards back but finally got them as well. The employee that stole it removed them but my husband was actually able to recover files from our video camera. The employee that stole it took video of her apartment and pictures of herself! Anyway, she returned them to us and was deported back to Italy immediately. Anyway, sorry to drag this out but we had a happy ending. Keep calling and don’t give up hope. It may take some time but I pray you get your camera back. Good luck to you ;)

• folsefamily says:

Heather, thank you so much for reading and telling me your story. It gives me a little bit of hope. I have been calling the central lost and found daily, and will continue to do so until they stop me ;)
      I am just so depressed about the hundreds of photo memories on the camera….it’s not something that can be replaced.
      I’m so glad you found yours! What an inspiring story to hear! Gives me a little bit of hope.

2. sayhello says:

Photos are very important to me, too, so I truly hope your camera is found. I just wanted to clarify (since it might confuse some people) that what you want back is the Memory Card from your camera. A SIM card is a totally different technology for a cell phone or tablet that gives your device it’s connection to your provider’s network.

3. Jessica Shockney says:

I know how you feel on the last night of our trip I accidentally deleted all of my photos from my camera. I was crying like a baby. Did you at least get some pictures taken by Disney’s photopass? If you haven’t already email Disney, even if they can’t help they were kind enough to mail my daughter a stuffed Mickey and some autographed pictures from some characters and that helped with the sting a little bit. Best of luck, sharing in Maryland for you.

• folsefamily says:

Thanks so much Jessica. I’m so sorry to hear about your pictures.
      Thankfully, we did purchase the Memory Maker…so at least we have those pictures. It’s still not the same as my 700+ pictures on my camera :( Parades, character meals, their little faces, etc……Praying it turns up soon :(

4. Heather says:

I sobbed like a baby for days so I completely understand. I don’t know if you are aware but all of the resorts lost and founds are completely different from the central lost and found. Each resort has their own lost and found while the 4 major theme parks have one central one. The lost and founds do not communicate and have inventory of what the other’s have. It is very frustrating. Depending on whomever picked it up you have no idea when or where they turned it in. They could have turned it in at a different resort that they were staying in. Hopefully they notified them of where it was found but you never know. I spent half my vacation calling each individual resort and checking their lost and found as well as the central lost and found every day. Very time consuming but worth a try. They may have changed how they did things since 2012 but it is worth asking and looking into.

5. Adele Belanger says:

II was just thinking about your lost camera and thought to. Check if it was found. So happy your memories were recovered. Hope all was returned and you were able to rest easier. A little Disnry Magic at work. Happy for you.